Tuesday, March 30, 2010


Good luck is a strange phenomenon. Is it random? Are there only a certain number of people on this planet that are subject to constant good luck? Are there people that are unlucky? I am not sure that I have the answers to any of those queries. I myself have experienced life like the rest of us. Sometimes I felt like I had fallen on bad luck and then there were times in my life that it seemed the luck came my way...in small doses…. but I think I recognized it as luck. The fortunate situations that have come our way at the Ranch always come with sign. John and I are fond of saying, “Ahhhhh, an auspicious sign.” They are little things, like someone showing up just when we needed them. Luck for me personally, has shown itself in many ways. It can be good or bad fortune in my life caused by accident or by chance that (gasp) is out of my control. I have been fortunate enough to know when my struggles come with a challenge, the lessons are always rewarding. You know, the universe doing for me what I could not do for myself. A gentle nudge in other in other words.

When I was 21, I couldn’t get out of my own way. I was is a less than savory situation at home but around every corner was an opportunity to change. I remember I was sitting on a grassy hill starring out into space lost in thought and unable to see the change that must occur. I actually heard my name being called and looked down (I still don’t know why I did not look up) and a four leaf clover was looking at me. I couldn’t believe it because I always thought that was for someone who was lucky and I was not feeling lucky. My head stayed down and I proceeded to find 16 more four leaf clovers. As small as that was…..it gave me hope. I did change my life and have been changing ever since. For the record…..I have hundreds of four leaf clovers. Turns out, my grandmother used to find them and I have sisters that can find them. There is a scientific method to finding them but I choose to believe that every time I find one….it is an auspicious sign. Am I lucky? Or do I need all of the luck I can get? Who knows…………………


I found my first four leave clover of 2010. I was walking back to my office and I heard someone whisper my name. I looked down (I still don’t know why I don’t not look up) and a four leaf clover was looking at me.

2 comments:

Followers